Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Apophenia!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Apophenia’s Website, located at apophdolia.com.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Apophenia if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Apophenia and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Apophenia. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Apophenia for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Apophenia
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Apophenia
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Apophenia
- Redistribute content from Apophenia
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Apophenia does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Apophenia,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Apophenia shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments and Media on this website.
Apophenia reserves the right to monitor all Comments and Media and to remove any Comments and Media which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments and other forms of Media on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments and Media do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments and Media do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments and Media will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Apophenia a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Subscriptions only come in monthly form. By purchasing a monthly subscription you agree to an initial and recurring monthly subscription fee at the then-current monthly subscription rate. You also accept all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription. You are given the freedom to cancel your monthly subscription at any time.
Failed payments may be subjected to a number limit. If there are no successful payments that follow a failed payment the user will lose all privileges present within their chosen subscription level. Privileges will return only after a successful payment is made. Apophenia also reserves the right, at any time to modify a user’s subscription for any reason without notice.
Becoming an Affiliate of Apophenia is not subject to a manual review, however that can change at any time without notice. The review process if applicable can take up to 21 days and you will be notified with an email with a decision.
Reasons for rejected applications include but are not limited to any websites, people and/ or businesses that are shown to:
- encourage or depict violence, discrimination, sexually explicit content, copyright
and trademark infringement, scamming, spamming, or any additional illegal activities;
- mirror or suggest our website construction (explicitly or implied) in a way that
leads customers to believe you are Apophenia or any other affiliated business;
- resell anything for purchase on Apophenia;
Reasons for rejected applications do not need to be stated.
There are certain promotional methods that will not be tolerated and your account shall be terminated, should you engage in such activities:
- Spamming (in any form and/ or on any platform/ channel, includes but is not limited to: unsolicited promotional email, mass commenting on websites, posting your affiliate link on groups and forums where it’s not permitted, sending unsolicited direct messages etc);
- Misrepresenting Apophenia in any way (includes but is not limited to: misleading customers or using false information about our platform, using fake testimonials, pretending you are actively affiliated with Apophenia or that you are Apophenia, concealing or misrepresenting your identity or our affiliation to our business etc);
Using paid advertising for your affiliate link;
Placing your affiliate link and/ or discount code on any coupon sites
Users shall enact the proper legalities when it comes to Affiliate Disclaimers.
Commissions and Payments
Initial and Recurring Commission rates do not have definitive values and can be changed at any time without notice.
Cookie Duration will function the same way, it doesn’t have a set value and can be changed at any time without notice. Cookie Duration refers to the time frame after an affiliate link has been used in which a purchase will reward a commission. No commissions will be awarded if a purchase is made after the cookie’s expiration. The commission is always awarded to the first person whose link is used to make a purchase. Users do not receive commissions on their own purchases.
Payments will be issued at least once per month at no specified day or time through PayPal in USD, given that nothing unforeseen occurs. PayPal is the only payment distribution method however, that is subject to change. Payout amounts will reflect what is present on Apophenia’s interface for the qualifying months. If a user’s account is deleted for any reason they will no longer receive commissions of any sort. Payments will halt if the necessary programs that uphold commission tracking and payment delivery become dysfunctional. Payments can only be issued if the necessary programs are operational. Should the necessary programs become unusable, payments are not promised. Apophenia reserves the right, at any time to withhold payments for any reason and the reason may or may not be specified.
Apophenia reserves the right, at any time, to change or terminate, either temporarily or permanently, a user’s account with or without notice. If an account is
suspended no refund will be granted; there are no refunds on this site.
There are no refunds on this site.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Apophenia; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Apophenia. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Apophenia’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
These terms govern use of the Internet forum at https://forum.apophdolia.com. To use the forum, you must agree to these terms with Apophenia, the company that runs the forum.
The company may offer other products and services, under different terms. These terms apply only to use of the forum.
- Important Terms
- Your Permission to Use the Forum
- Conditions for Use of the Forum
- Acceptable Use
- Content Standards
- Your Account
- Your Content
- Your Responsibility
- Limits on Liability
- General Terms
These terms include a number of important provisions that affect your rights and responsibilities, such as the disclaimers in Disclaimers, limits on the company’s liability to you in Limits on Liability, your agreement to cover the company for damages caused by your misuse of the forum in Responsibility for Your Use, and an agreement to arbitrate disputes in Disputes.
Subject to these terms, the company gives you permission to use the forum. Everyone needs to agree to these terms to use the forum.
Your permission to use the forum is subject to the following conditions:
- You must be at least thirteen years old.
- You may no longer use the forum if the company contacts you directly to say that you may not.
- You must use the forum in accordance with Acceptable Use and Content Standards.
- You may not break the law using the forum.
- You may not use or try to use another’s account on the forum without their specific permission.
- You may not buy, sell, or otherwise trade in user names or other unique identifiers on the forum.
- You may not send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through the forum, or use the forum to gather addresses or other personal data for commercial mailing lists or databases.
- You may not automate access to the forum, or monitor the forum, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the forum to index it for a publicly available search engine, if you run one.
- You may not use the forum to send e-mail to distribution lists, newsgroups, or group mail aliases.
- You may not falsely imply that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by the company.
- You may not hyperlink to images or other non-hypertext content on the forum on other webpages.
- You may not remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from the forum.
- You may not show any part of the forum on other websites with <iframe>.
- You may not disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the forum.
- You may not strain infrastructure of the forum with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying the forum.
- You may not impersonate others through the forum.
- You may not encourage or help anyone in violation of these terms.
- You may not submit content to the forum that is illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful to others. This includes content that is harassing, inappropriate, or abusive.
- You may not submit content to the forum that violates the law, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights, violates anyone’s privacy, or breaches agreements you have with others.
- You may not submit content to the forum containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses or spyware.
- You may not submit content to the forum as a mere placeholder, to hold a particular address, user name, or other unique identifier.
- You may not use the forum to disclose information that you don’t have the right to disclose, like others’ confidential or personal information.
The company may investigate and prosecute violations of these terms to the fullest legal extent. The company may notify and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violations of the law and these terms.
The company reserves the right to change, redact, and delete content on the forum for any reason. If you believe someone has submitted content to the forum in violation of these terms, contact us immediately.
You must create and log into an account to use some features of the forum.
To create an account, you must provide some information about yourself. If you create an account, you agree to provide, at a minimum, a valid e-mail address, and to keep that address up-to-date. You may close your account at any time by e-mailing https://apophdolia.com/contact/.
You agree to be responsible for all action taken using your account, whether authorized by you or not, until you either close your account or notify the company that your account has been compromised. You agree to notify the company immediately if you suspect your account has been compromised. You agree to select a secure password for your account, and keep it secret.
The company may restrict, suspend, or close your account on the forum according to its policy for handling copyright-related takedown requests, or if the company reasonably believes that you’ve broken any rule in these terms.
Accounts and their personal data can be deleted at any time but all posts will remain to keep conversation flow
Nothing in these terms gives the company any ownership rights in intellectual property that you share with the forum, such as your account information, posts, or other content you submit to the forum. Nothing in these terms gives you any ownership rights in the company’s intellectual property, either.
Between you and the company, you remain solely responsible for content you submit to the forum. You agree not to wrongly imply that content you submit to the forum is sponsored or approved by the company. These terms do not obligate the company to store, maintain, or provide copies of content you submit, and to change it, according to these terms.
Content you submit to the forum belongs to you, and you decide what permission to give others for it. But at a minimum, you license the company to provide content that you submit to the forum to other users of the forum. That special license allows the company to copy, publish, and analyze content you submit to the forum.
When content you submit is removed from the forum, whether by you or by the company, the company’s special license ends when the last copy disappears from the company’s backups, caches, and other systems. Other licenses you apply to content you submit, such as Creative Commons licenses, may continue after your content is removed. Those licenses may give others, or the company itself, the right to share your content through the forum again.
Others who receive content you submit to the forum may violate the terms on which you license your content. You agree that the company will not be liable to you for those violations or their consequences.
You agree to indemnify the company from legal claims by others related to your breach of these terms, or breach of these terms by others using your account on the forum. Both you and the company agree to notify the other side of any legal claims for which you might have to indemnify the company as soon as possible. If the company fails to notify you of a legal claim promptly, you won’t have to indemnify the company for damages that you could have defended against or mitigated with prompt notice. You agree to allow the company to control investigation, defense, and settlement of legal claims for which you would have to indemnify the company, and to cooperate with those efforts. The company agrees not to agree to any settlement that admits fault for you or imposes obligations on you without your prior agreement.
You accept all risk of using the forum and content on the forum. As far as the law allows, the company and its suppliers provide the forum as is, without any warranty whatsoever.
The forum may hyperlink to and integrate forums and services run by others. The company does not make any warranty about services run by others, or content they may provide. Use of services run by others may be governed by other terms between you and the one running service.
Neither the company nor its suppliers will be liable to you for breach-of-contract damages their personnel could not have reasonably foreseen when you agreed to these terms.
As far as the law allows, the total liability to you for claims of any kind that are related to the forum or content on the forum will be limited to $50.
The company welcomes your feedback and suggestions for the forum. See the Contact section below for ways to get in touch with us.
You agree that the company will be free to act on feedback and suggestions you provide, and that the company won’t have to notify you that your feedback was used, get your permission to use it, or pay you. You agree not to submit feedback or suggestions that you believe might be confidential or proprietary, to you or others.
Either you or the company may end the agreement written out in these terms at any time. When our agreement ends, your permission to use the forum also ends.
California will govern any dispute related to these terms or your use of the forum.
You and the company agree to seek injunctions related to these terms only in state or federal court in Los Angeles. Neither you nor the company will object to jurisdiction, forum, or venue in those courts.
Other than to seek an injunction or for claims under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, you and the company will resolve any dispute by binding American Arbitration Association arbitration. Arbitration will follow the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. Arbitration will happen in Los Angeles. You will settle any dispute as an individual, and not as part of a class action or other representative proceeding, whether as the plaintiff or a class member. No arbitrator will consolidate any dispute with any other arbitration without the company’s permission.
Any arbitration award will include costs of the arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and reasonable costs for witnesses. You and the company may enter arbitration awards in any court with jurisdiction.
If a provision of these terms is unenforceable as written, but could be changed to make it enforceable, that provision should be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. Otherwise, that provision should be removed.
You may not assign your agreement with the company. The company may assign your agreement to any affiliate of the company, any other company that obtains control of the company, or any other company that buys assets of the company related to the forum. Any attempted assignment against these terms has no legal effect.
Neither the exercise of any right under this Agreement, nor waiver of any breach of this Agreement, waives any other breach of this Agreement.
These terms embody all the terms of agreement between you and the company about use of the forum. These terms entirely replace any other agreements about your use of the forum, written or not.
You may notify the company under these terms, and send questions to the company, at https://apophdolia.com/contact/.
The company may notify you under these terms using the e-mail address you provide for your account on the forum, or by posting a message to the homepage of the forum or your account page.
The company last updated these terms on July 12, 2018, and may update these terms again. The company will post all updates to the forum with or without notice. For updates that contain substantial changes, Apophenia may or may not e-mail you, if you’ve created an account and provided a valid e-mail address. The company may also announce updates with special messages or alerts on the forum.
Once you get notice of an update to these terms, you must agree to the new terms in order to keep using the forum.